The Start of a New Adventure!

Hello readers, welcome to PNW Mother Runner! The idea of starting a blog has been in the back of my head for quite a while now. Between running, exploring, being a stay at home mom, and cooking real food for my family, I couldn't imagine having the extra time to write a blog. Luckily, I can manage to squeeze some writing in during the little one's nap, when she's independently playing, or after I put her down for bed.

As a mom, it can be easy to fall into the trap of routine. Wake up, get your little one ready, feed your family, pack up for a play date, come home for lunch, put your child down for a nap, clean the house, go to the park, cook dinner, read books, snuggle before bedtime, try to relax, go to sleep, wake up all night because your baby is "still" nursing, repeat. What is wrong with this picture? When is it time for YOU to take care of YOURSELF? Our daughter was six months old before I slowly started to exercise and focus on my own well being. I felt guilty for leaving. My mind spun around thinking of every possible thing that could happen with her that only I would know how to handle (or so I thought). I gradually became more comfortable and confident, realizing that my own health and happiness meant that I would be a better mother and wife.

Running became my new escape. We lived in the woods near a lake, so I could simply kiss my husband goodbye and head out! The first time I went on a run, my legs were tingling, my chest was on fire, and my lungs felt like they were about to collapse. I looked down at my watch and only FOUR MINUTES had passed before I had to walk. Are you kidding me? To my defense, we lived on a windy, hilly road. Gradually I increased my distance and days that I would go run. Other days I would snuggle baby Eisley into the sling or baby carrier and go for a hike. To increase my motivation, I signed up for my first 5k race which was about two months away. Then I registered for another race, and another...



Check back on the blog to follow up on my training, motivation, races, and life as a mom. Previous race recaps will be posted throughout the next few weeks to get us up to date! 

I look forward to sharing this adventure with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #8