2019 on the Homeschooling Train

Well that was a little unexpected...it’s been nearly TWO years since my last blog post. That is a simple example of how chaotic and unexpected our life has been in recent years. We happily sold our home in Washington and recently moved back to Colorado Springs. This place is considered to be my ‘original’ home because I grew up here from kindergarten through high school graduation, left for college,  and returned for a year after marrying my sweet husband. We explored the Pacific Northwest for the last five years and returned to the Midwest. Don’t get me wrong, the PNW will always have a piece of my heart, but this area is where we belong.



The last race I ran was in February 2018...quite a long time ago. It was my one and only marathon race, which also happened to be during my year of going back to full-time college and becoming a licensed massage therapist. Running was put on the back burner during my schooling and afterwards while I started my own massage practice. Since we moved back to Colorado in June, I have only managed to run four times. It supposedly takes 30 days for your body to fully acclimate to the elevation here in Colorado. We went on an early trip camping in the mountains which gave me a terrible sinus infection which lasted nearly a month. My asthma is a whole other level and trying to do nasal breathing while running is almost a joke.


We officially completed week 2 of homeschooling and I am surprisingly happy with the overall results. Eisley completely enjoyed preschool over the last year, but it was only two half days each week. I honestly did not know how she would really do with daily schooling and having me as her ‘teacher’. We have already completed two relative field trips and I will soon be writing a review of each place we visited. I will also try my best to include weekly posts on our different educational units and activities related to the weekly letters and curriculum. I am in the process of creating downloadable PDF files of game and educational worksheets for you and your child. Majority of them will be free and some will be available for a small fee. Feel free to email or message me with any questions, suggestions, or collaboration ideas. I am excited to return to the world of blogging and exploring this wild world with you!



Please keep in touch and subscribe to my email list to stay up-to-date with all of our updates. We look forward to sharing our homeschool adventures with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #8