Fairhaven Frosty 5k

The Fairhaven Frosty 5k /10k was the final race of the year hosted by the Greater Bellingham Running Club, which also happened to be my final race of 2016! Can you believe that the year is nearly over?!?

Image courtesy of GBRC website
The race started and ended in historic Fairhaven Park. Runners headed South on Chuckanut Drive for the first mile, which was a gradual hill climb followed by a nice little downhill. Volunteer flaggers directed us North onto the Interurban Trail. We ran up through a few curves, and then it was a straight shot. At mile 2 we got off the trail and back onto the road, heading West on Old Fairhaven Parkway. The race course was open, so we had to pay attention to the vehicle traffic and try not to get ran over! At mile 3 everyone was kicking it up a notch and we were lucky to be gliding downhill.


We returned to the Fairhaven Park entrance and raced down through the finish line! My official time was 24:08 (7:46min/mi pace) which is a 5k PR for me (24:32 was my previous PR)! Even though it was cold outside, runners were able to warm up in the Community Building with coffee, hot tea, bananas, baked goodies, and other treats! Awards were given for 1st-4th place finishers in each of the age groups. I ended up in 5th place for Female 19-29 age group and one of my friends placed 4th! It's a great experience to participate in events with your friends and fellow runners.



I was greeted by our little family at the finish line. Eisley now runs around saying, "I run fast" or "I race too". What more motivation does a mother need than to see her little one smiling as she finishes a run?








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #4