Weekly Wrap #16

Have you heard of the "KISS" method? You know...keep it simple stupid? Well, that's how this post is going to be, so you've been warned. There were two exciting events from this past week! The first was running 8.01 miles at a 7:24 pace, which finishes up in 59:19. I was SO stoked to keep up with that speed since my previous training goal had been to run 8 miles in an hour, but was a couple minutes too long. It seemed to help my motivation by knowing the childcare at the YMCA ended at a certain time, and if I wanted to finish those 8 miles in time, I had to pick up the pace! The second super exciting event was the longest training run to date, finishing 22.04 miles at a surprisingly quick (for me) 9:09 pace, ending in 3:21. My previous run of 21.05 miles was in 3:20, so when I ran an additional mile in just one minute more of time, I felt amazing!





SUNDAY: Walked 1.36 miles
MONDAY: RAN 7.01 miles @9:07 pace w/ stroller
TUESDAY: RAN 8.01 miles @7:24 pace on treadmill
WEDNESDAY: Walked 1.31 miles
THURSDAY: RAN 22.04 miles @9:09 pace
FRIDAY: RAN 6.43 miles @10:10 pace w/ stroller
SATURDAY: Walked 1.41 miles w/ stroller
Total weekly miles: 47.57

On Monday, we attended the All Comers' Track and Field for the second time this season. Eisley had a blast (as usual) running the 50m hurdles, and this time she ended up placing 2nd in the 50m dash! She went from being the "top" of her age group as a two-year-old, to recently turning three and becoming the baby of her age group. She was SO EXCITED to get a special red ribbon for her event. We took her out for a little fro-yo as a celebration. 



Our weather has been amazingly like true "summer" with decent warm temperatures and a not-annoying amount of humidity. In a few short weeks, Eisley and I are flying back to Oklahoma for our annual trip to visit family, where the heat and humidity is no joke! This trip will sure be exciting since I'll still be training for the ultra race, but thank goodness our trip is during the taper portion of the plan. The warm temperatures and two hour time zone difference will make everything seem much harder! 





As usual, I'm linking up with Tricia and Holly for the Weekly Wrap! They've started a new Guest Host Series for the Weekly Wrap and this week's host is Deborah from Confessions of a Mother Runner



Comments

  1. I am always amazed by the stroller runners and how strong they are! You had a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eisley and her ribbon! So adorable! Your pace blows me away. You are such an inspiration Emily! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #8