Weekly Wrap #2


My daughter and I kicked off the week by reconnecting with nature. As we were both getting ready for our hike, she asked if we were going to the YMCA. When I said we were going out to the trails in the forest, she grew ecstatic! For the first mile Eisley rode in the carrier. We took a little snack break and then she insisted on hiking the second mile herself. Lil' wildflower got some toddler exercise, I got some relaxing time outdoors, and we both were happy (especially me, for how easily she went down for nap afterwards)!


SUNDAY: Hiked 2 miles
MONDAY: RAN 6.05 miles @7:47 pace
TUESDAY: Strength/walked 1 mile
WEDNESDAY: RAN 8.52 miles @8:37 pace/walked .5 mile
THURSDAY: Rest
FRIDAY: Rest
SATURDAY: RAN 5.03 miles @8:08 pace/walked 1 mile
Total weekly miles: 24.10 

On Monday, it was back on the treadmill. I had planned to run a couple miles since my half marathon  was only two days before, but I found my groove and was feeling great! Tuesday was mainly upper body strength training at home with a 15lb kettle bell and our pull-up/dip station. I’ve been avoiding my arms and upper body for a while now, knowing that it needs to be done, but realllllllly not wanting to do it. The following two days of soreness reminded me that I should probably make this a “regular” weekly workout.
I spy toddler feet!

For my Fall quarter school application, I had to get a full physical "approving me fit" to become a Licensed Massage Therapist. It’s been at LEAST seven years since I’ve had a physical (besides all of my prenatal care) and I was surprised to discover that my breathing is shallow and my deep breaths were wheezy. My doctor prescribed an Albuterol inhaler and recommended I take it before running. Saturday’s run was the first time trying it out and I could not believe the difference it made! It felt as if a tight rubber band was removed from my chest and my lungs could expand so much more. Don’t take the air you breathe for granted!


I linking up with Holly and Tricia for the Weekly Wrap! Do you avoid certain workouts, even though they help to develop you into a better athlete? What motivates you to push through?

Comments

  1. Love that your daughter also hiked a little bit! She's too cute! Well done on your week of training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's been hiking (at least a little bit) since she was 18 months old!

      Delete
  2. Wow that's so interesting that you did not know that you needed an inhaler. Hope it helps! Have a great rest of your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been making a major difference! I guess since I didn't have anything to compare my breathing to, I assumed it was normal breathing.

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful you are passing on your love of hiking and nature to your daughter! It's very interesting the inhaler helped you so much. I've often wondered about that myself. I water ski in warm weather, which is nothing but upper body.. But the rest of the year? I just can't seem to find the motivation for upper body strength workouts. Thanks for linking up on the Weekly Wrap! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much rather our daughter fall in love the outdoors than tv/tablets/electronics, so far so good! I've never gone water skiing, too nervous with the water. Thank you for hosting the linkup!

      Delete
  4. I have been trying to include some upper body exercises too, so hard to do (for me anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow your little Eisley is just the cutest little person! I bet she did have a ball hiking with you and yes active toddlers make for good naps!
    Isn't that something about the inhaler. I have a friend that has asthma. She talks about not being able to breathe.
    I do avoid things that are hard just like 5k's and I did a good job skipping out last weekend and I'm well on my way to skipping another one. I know it will do me good but I just hate pushing so hard for a 5k! It's crazy I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! That's true though, 5ks require you to really push yourself hard the entire time. I definitely prefer longer distances and slower paces :)

      Delete
  6. Pretty awesome that you got that inhaler--now the sky's the limit!

    Love that your little one likes to hike with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #4