Nuun Cherry Limeade Smoothie

Happy one year Blog-iversary to PNW Mother Runner! It's been one heck of a journey so far. (You can read the first, original post here) We've created tasty treats, tried out new workouts, ran many races, and explored dirty trails! To celebrate, I'd like to share this delicious Nuun Energy Cherry Limeade Smoothie recipe with you! There is a noticeable difference in my runs when I drink the Nuun Active versus Nuun Energy. If I am focusing on speed work or am feeling tired/sluggish, I definitely reach for the Energy. It provides me with the electrolytes I need for a good recovery, along with B Vitamins and green tea extract to give me that extra boost! Being a mom can make you very tired before switching to "mother runner" mode.

Nuun Cherry Limeade Smoothie Active Run Athlete Fitness Healthy

In case you didn't know, Nuun has a variety of products created to hydrate and fuel you, based on your different needs. They offer Nuun Active, Nuun Energy, Nuun Vitamins, and recently released Nuun Performance. Active replenishes you with electrolytes, Energy provides electrolytes with a boost of caffeine from green tea extract, Vitamins can be taken anytime of the day, and Performance is a blend of electrolytes plus carbohydrates to fuel intense, long workouts like running or cycling!

Nuun Energy Cherry Limeade Smoothie Run Fitness Healthy

This smoothie is sweet and tropical, plus it's perfect before going out on a run or hitting the gym!

Nuun Cherry Limeade Smoothie

  • 1 tab Nuun Energy Cherry Limeade dissolved in 1 cup water
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 1 cup frozen “tropical” fruit blend (I used mango, pineapple, strawberry, banana) 
  • 1 tablespoon flax meal (ground flaxseed) 
Simply toss all of the ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth. Enjoy!  *Disclaimer: Yes, I am a Nuun Ambassador, yet I did not receive any compensation for this post or review. This is my honest opinion of this delicious product.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

What’s a Mock Cycle?

Weekly Wrap #4