Weekly Wrap #12


As I’m sitting here in our house with a thermostat currently reading 81 °F, my mind is dreaming of cool waters and wondering why the heck people in Washington “don’t need air conditioning”. It was the same story when I grew up in Colorado, but we were one of the lucky ducks who did have AC. Call it needy, spoiled, whatever floats your boat. The biggest part that irks me is how this heat affects our toddler’s sleep, which in turn affects my sleep, and then we end up sleeping together in her bed, getting even hotter from each other’s body heat. In other news...week 7 of this training cycle is over and I managed to finish with a whopping 40.97 miles. I can be happy with that! The only way is to go up from here, right?


Practicing for her 50 yd dash at next week's track meet :)



SUNDAY: RAN 1.09 miles @9:26 pace
MONDAY: RAN 3.20 miles @9:23 pace w/ stroller
TUESDAY: RAN 10.07 miles @8:39 pace (incline intervals) on treadmill
WEDNESDAY: Walked 1.5 miles
THURSDAY: RAN 16.02 miles @9:27 pace
FRIDAY: RAN 3.06 miles @9:33 pace w/ stroller
SATURDAY: RAN 4.03 miles @7:47 pace on treadmill + walked 1 mile
Total weekly miles: 40.97



Speaking of cool waters, we were able to go to the first mom's meetup and play date of the summer, which turned out great! Eisley doesn't quite swim yet, but she sure was happy digging in the sand and wading around in the shallow areas.  I loved getting my feet in the water to cool off! There is going to be a lot of time spent in/on/around the water this summer since she's a little older. We hope to try camping as a family too!


Thursday ended up being the best option for the long run again with all of the different activities and appointments we've had scheduled. Luckily this was my final week of physical therapy, which has me feeling stronger AND excited that I can start going to the local ladies' outdoor fitness class. It sucks when you have to schedule things that need to be done during the same time of things that you'd like to be doing instead. I made sure to remember my inhaler this time, but still seemed to struggle for the first half of the run. My legs felt extremely heavy and I was so tired. I blame the heaviness on Tuesday's workout which was 10 miles on the treadmill. I did a 2 mile warm up, then 4 miles of (.25 @5% incline/.25@1% incline) at a consistent speed, then finished off with 4 miles of progression (final being 6:45!), totaling an average pace of 8:39. Wednesday was a rest day consisting of a 1.5 mile walk with lots of stretching and a little rolling. Thursday's run though, it was another mental battle. I have to remind myself not to believe my negative self talk! "I'll just do it another day. Ten miles will be enough. May I didn't get enough sleep/fuel. I don't know if I can do this." I was constantly having to refocus and push those thoughts aside. In the end, it was all worth it! I reached a new distance of 16.02 miles in 2:31, with 1,481ft elevation gain.


Once again, I'm linking up with Tricia and Holly for the Weekly Wrap! They've started a new Guest Host Series for the Weekly Wrap and this week's host is Zenaida! She is currently training to get a Boston Marathon qualifying time! You can check out her website here. Has it been getting hotter where you live? What do you do to cool off and relax?


Comments

  1. AC is a must when you live in a hot city! My apartment didn't have central air for a few years and it was tough. I live close to Midway Airport so the city had a program that allowed homeowners to get free windows installed to block the noise and central air. Since then I've slept much better. :-)

    I see you ran 6 days this week. Great job! That definitely is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That is a pretty cool "noise pollution" program. I grew up near the airport and Air Force base in Colorado Springs, but they didn't have anything like that. Yes, thank you! I've been "streaking" this month (aka walk, jog, run 1 mile per day) so my miles are slowly increasing and I'm getting used to how my legs feel!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh....I'm in Iowa and we get both extremes of weather in winter and summer. The past week or so has actually been pleasant...low humidity and almost cool temps. When it gets hot, though (upper 80's and higher) and the humidity is heavy, I have to have my AC going. We have a 2-story house, and the second level is unbearable! Wow 40+ miles for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Iowa, but my stepson used to live in Boise! That's great that you've had more comfortable weather lately. Our house is like that too. I wonder why the original home owners didn't put the bedrooms in the lower level?! It's so cool down there.

      Delete
  3. I live in Montana and I still think air conditioning is a need! Especially when houses are built more to keep heat in during winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to New Moms

Weekly Wrap #8

Weekly Wrap #4